What Musculoskeletal Medicine Offers
- Thorough assessment of your injury and pain
- Manual Therapy
- Injection Treatments
- Proprioceptive exercises
- Strength and conditioning programs
- Referrals to appropriate supportive Allied Health Professionals
The Initial appointment will entail a comprehensive assessment that is solely focused on your one condition or injury. Giving your problem the time and attention it warrants. Creation of a management plan.
Follow up appointments for re assessment, graduated progression of your rehabilitation/management program, and manual therapy and/or intervention treatments as appropriate.
Prolotherapy – Prolotherapy (also called sclerosing injections) is an injection-based treatment for chronic musculoskeletal pain. A local anaesthetic with sterile dextrose solution is injected into the problem area. Prolotherapy works by prompting your body’s natural repair mechanisms to heal injured ligaments, tendons and joints. This technique may be effective in reducing pain and promote healing for:
- Chronic low back and sacroiliac joint pain
- Neck pain
- Unstable joints
- Other injuries
Lyftogt Perineural Injection Treatments – a series of injections immediately under the skin targeting painful areas where the nerves are sensitive with sterile buffered dextrose 5%. This technique may be effective in reducing chronic neuropathic pain.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) – PRP uses injections of a concentration of a patient’s own platelets that may be effective in reducing pain and promote the healing of injured tendons, ligaments, muscles and joints, by using the patient’s own healing system to improve musculoskeletal problems.
Steroid injections – A steroid is an anti-inflammatory medicine that can be used to treat a range of conditions. They may be effective at reducing pain in conditions such as joint pain, arthritis and local inflammatory conditions, such as bursitis. Also called corticosteroid injections.
Head Certified Athletic Therapist for;
- Professional Ice Hockey Team: The Brantford Smoke
- Competitive Junior A Ice Hockey Team: The Caledon Canadians
- Mount Allison University Varsity Teams and Sports Injury Clinic: Football (grid iron), soccer, basketball, volleyball, swimming, etc
- Mohawk College Varsity Basketball Team
- Doctor at 2018 Commonwealth Games, Gold Coast; Field Hockey
- Canada Winter Games
- Various Sports Events
- Diploma in Sports Injury Management, Sheridan College, Oakville, Ontario, Canada
- Sports Doctor Member of Sports Medicine Australia
- Australian Association of Musculoskeletal Medicine Certificate in Musculoskeletal Medicine